The Vision of We

Main Thought

We may have seasons during which moving forward can feel like a chore. The list of potential reasons for these seasons may be endless - yet there’s one thing that has the power to help a lot of people. We need vision! Vision gives us clarity, direction, and purpose. Living with vision has been proven to decrease stress, make us more resilient, and lower levels of anxiety and depression. But we need a God-sized vision that’s big enough to remain constant through all of life’s ups and downs. God gives that to us by inviting us to be a part of His mission. God’s mission gives vision to every Christian. Every aspect of our lives can become a part of God’s mission to restore the world and rescue its people. We can search for opportunities to advance God’s mission; then, when we see them, we should seize them. If we’ll commit to that, God’s presence and purpose can become incredible constants in our lives.

Main Passages

Where there is no prophetic vision the people cast off restraint, but blessed is he who keeps the law.

- Proverbs 29:18

2 And the Lord answered me: “Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it.”

- Habakkuk 2:1-2

For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.

- Luke 19:10

18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

- Matthew 28:18-20

Discussion Questions

1. What stands out to you in the Main Thought or Main Passages above?

2. To what extent does God’s mission fit into your day-to-day life?

3. Search for one or two opportunities to advance God’s mission in the context of your life. How can you seize just one of those opportunities this week?