Going Without Knowing

Main Thought

Walking forward with God essentially guarantees that He will eventually call us to do things that don’t make sense - at least based on the things we see. When this happens, we can trust that God is faithful. Faithfulness is an expression of who He is. God will deliver on His promises! With that in mind, we can respond to God with obedience and embrace the journey with faith. That means walking with an attitude of confidence and assurance. When we walk by faith, with a community of faith, then we can be sure that we’ll be a part of God’s promises and plans as they unfold on the earth.

Main Passages

Now the Lord said to Abram, “Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you. 2 And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. 3 I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

- Genesis 12:1-3

By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place that he was to receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going. By faith he went to live in the land of promise, as in a foreign land, living in tents with Isaac and Jacob, heirs with him of the same promise.

- Hebrews 11:8-9

28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

- Romans 8:28

Discussion Questions

1. What stands out to you in the Main Thought and Passages above?

2. Recall a moment in which you experienced the faithfulness of God, whether it was a big or small moment. What happened? What did you learn?

3. How might God be calling you to walk by faith in this season of your life?